Saturday, February 28, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Springer Saturday #8

The Appalachian Trail on the way up to Springer Mountain. A lot of the places along the trail in Georgia look like this.


Date: February 28, 2015
Current Week: 02/25/15 - 03/03/15
Days until Amicalola: 25
Pounds to next weight goal: 7.6 (+1.2)
Total gain Last Week: 1.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 15
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 154
Minutes Exercised, Week: 60
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

My goal for this week was to lose weight in five of the seven weigh-ins. So far my two increases have already occurred, so the cushion has been erased, and I have two weekend readings left to record. We'll have to see how things go.



In other hike preparation news, I reserved a storage area to move my stuff into while I'm hiking the trail. There's no reason to keep my apartment (which would be a big waste of money), and my lease is up in April. Who knows where I'll end up after the trail, but it's most likely going to be up in the greater Chicago area again.

I also packed some supply boxes for mail drops, divvying up the bulk supplies I bought into five boxes to be mailed at various times on the trail. There's a lot of food in my boxes, but I am going to have to eat a lot of food just to keep my energy up. Sorting the shipping boxes out just makes this hike even more of a reality. It's hard to belive in 25 days we'll be hiking up to Springer Mountain.

No comments :

Post a Comment