Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola - Back in the Groove

The Smokies in the fading light of day, somewhere along Newfound Gap Road.

Date: February 10, 2015
Current Week: 02/04/15 - 02/10/15
Days until Amicalola: 43
Pounds to next weight goal: 6.2 (-1.4)
Total Gain Last Week: 0.6
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 22
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 202
Minutes Exercised, Week: 172
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 2.66

As expected, I picked back up with my usual weekday pace yesterday, sending me in the right direction. It shows again that by limiting my meals in the evening I can maintain steady progress. Provided I don't go the wrong way today, this week will end up working out for me.



Twelve of the twenty-two minutes of exercise I did yesterday came from using a machine at my apartment's fitness center. I'm hoping to go back and try it again a couple more times this week, particularly if the weather isn't conducive to walking in the parking garage at work. Although I went and exercised after work yesterday, my preference is to get it out of the way in the morning. Getting into a habit of exercise in the morning is far easier than doing it after work, where it's easy to rationalize skipping it for the day. On the other hand, it can be easy to rationalize not getting out of bed in the morning. Perhaps my wisest course of action is getting at least a bit of my exercise during the work day. That's the easiest to do, when you aren't slammed with a lot of work at once, or the weather doesn't keep you from doing it.

No comments :

Post a Comment