Sunday, February 22, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: The Winner Is

Sunrise near the top of Clingman's Dome. Those are clouds deep in the valley below, although they certainly look like lakes. About a half mile up the Clingman's Dome trail from here is the highest point along the Appalachian Trail.

Date: February 22, 2015
Current Week: 02/18/15 - 02/24/15
Days until Amicalola: 31
Pounds to next weight goal: 5.4 (+1.2)
Total loss Last Week: 1.0
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 25
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 162
Minutes Exercised, Week: 50
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 2.66

So it looks like the expected gain on Friday showed up a day light. I actually adhered pretty closely to the 8:00 rule yesterday, but perhaps the stuff I ate before then was still too much for the day. Even with the 25 minute walk I took in the evening.

With a few more gear purchases I made this weekend, I think I'm now pretty much set with what I'm going with for the trail come a month from now. I still plan on buying a new pair of hiking shoes of the same type I currently have, so I can start fresh.

No comments :

Post a Comment