Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: That Brings Us to Four Weeks

The view to the north from atop Blood Mountain. Blood Mountain is the highest point along the AT in Georgia. For reference, this was taken about three weeks earlier in the calendar year before we'll be hiking through here towards the end of March. Those trees, while not technically true krummholz, have similar characteristics. The trees on prominent peaks in Georgia, like Blood Mountain and Brasstown Bald, are often stunted because of the harsh and windy weather conditions. 

Date: February 25, 2015
Current Week: 02/25/15 - 03/03/15
Days until Amicalola: 28
Pounds to next weight goal: 6.8 (+0.0)
Total gain Last Week: 1.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 25
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 162
Minutes Exercised, Week: 154
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

My self-described "crap week" ended at least with a fairly neutral result. I didn't go up again, but I didn't go down. This left the week up 1.2 pounds from last Wednesday. Frankly, given the stressful situation I had at work, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Considering that I can be a major stress eater, particularly when things are kind of chaotic at work, I maintained pretty well. Had I kept down a bit of the snacking on sweet stuff the past couple days, I probably would have turned it around.



Some of my final gear purchases came in today. I have a heavier rain jacket that's a bit tight right now, but shouldn't be an issue once I start hiking. I also have a lighter poncho that I'm planning on using once the weather turns warmer, and a compass. The other packages should be on their way, so if I get them tomorrow or Friday I may have more to write about.

I started working on my pack this evening, but I haven't quite got it there yet as of writing this. I hope to have a simulated test run done tomorrow, before I do a more formal test run with more precise supplies when I'm down in Ridge Farm this weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment