Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Return to Normalcy?

Fontana Dam, the highest dam east of the Rockies. The Appalachian Trail crosses the dam to enter Great Smoky Mountains National Park.


Date: February 3, 2015
Current Week: 01/28/15 - 02/4/15
Days until Amicalola: 50
Pounds to next weight goal: 10.6 (-0.6)
Total Loss Last Week: 2.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 0
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 250
Minutes Exercised, Week: 177
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.16
Miles Hiked, 2015: 2.66

After three days of going the wrong way, I waved farewell to the weekend with a return to the downward trend of last week. It wasn't much, but it is down. This was good especially considering my lack of exercise yesterday.



That isn't entirely true. I did go outside and test out my microspikes again for a little bit. However, this was only for a few minutes, not enough to count as exercise. It did count as a good test for the traction equipment, as there was a pretty solid sheet of ice on the north side of my parent's garage. The spikes dug into the ice and kept my feet about as stable as if I were walking on flat, dry ground. I think they'll do fine.

No comments :

Post a Comment