Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Five Weeks to Go

This is Amicalola Falls, but the vantage point is a bit different than some of the other pictures I've used. It's taken during the Summer, when the vegetation crowds around the falls. Also, it's taken from the bridge between the upper and lower stairs. The falls can be reached from a parking lot and a short, gentle walk for those who can't (or prefer not to) take the stairs.


Date: February 18, 2015
Current Week: 02/11/15 - 02/17/15
Days until Amicalola: 35
Pounds to next weight goal: 5.2 (-3.2)
Total loss Last Week: 1.0
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 25
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 162
Minutes Exercised, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 2.66

My suspicion about yesterday morning appears to be correct. A good night's sleep and a return to the usual pattern resulted in a total improvement for the week. I would still like a better pace than what I've seen, but I'm still happy I'm heading the right way. I know the pace will pick up if I can continue to improve during the weekends.

So here we sit, five weeks out. There's been more time logged in this journal than there is left, yet it still feels a bit surreal. There's a lot to get done in the next thirty-five days. Actually, it's more like thirty-two days, given that a few days before the big day will be spent traveling to Amicalola, and our "ceremonial" kick-off walking up the 600 stairs to the top of the falls.

No comments :

Post a Comment