Saturday, February 21, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Springer Saturday #7

This is the blue blazed path from the main Appalachian Trail path to the Springer shelter and camp site.

Date: February 21, 2015
Current Week: 02/18/15 - 02/24/15
Days until Amicalola: 32
Pounds to next weight goal: 4.2 (-0.4)
Total loss Last Week: 1.0
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 0
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 162
Minutes Exercised, Week: 25
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 2.66

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by that. Despite having a large meal last night, and having no formal exercise (outside of a slow but steady walk up the stairs to the 6th floor of my office building) I still was slightly down today. Granted, this is probably a bit of a side effect from weighing in well after noon (having had nothing to eat before that). This was a combination of sleeping in late and having to do some emergency work, which pushed off the usual start of the day activities.

With less than five weeks to go, I still have some things to deal with to get ready for the hike. Namely, I need to get some practice in packing my pack. I purchased some thinner (and smaller) water bottles yesterday, so I could use the pockets on the side of my pack. My previous bottles were too fat. On our shakedown, I was able to pack everything I needed, but I only had two days worth of food, and didn't have a full complement of clothing. I also didn't have any sort of rain gear packed. My pack's big enough I'll get everything I need in there, I just have to be smart about it. My usual strategy of throwing everything in a bag pell-mell just won't cut it.

No comments :

Post a Comment