Thursday, February 26, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: The Packing, Part One

My quite comfortable and spacious REI Half-Dome will not be making the journey with me, as it is just too much tent to carry, considering it's just me in the tent.

Date: February 26, 2015
Current Week: 02/25/15 - 03/03/15
Days until Amicalola: 27
Pounds to next weight goal: 6.2 (-0.6)
Total gain Last Week: 1.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 15
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 162
Minutes Exercised, Week: 15
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

In terms of the daily grind, it was a pretty typical day. I exercised, did OK in the evening, and reversed the stagnation of the previous day. Nothing too elaborate, nothing really different from many days during this journal's duration.



Much more novel was my first true effort at actually packing my gear into my Kelty Coyote 80 pack. After some adjustment, and realizing that there were compression straps on the sides that I needed to undo, I was able to get all my stuff crammed in there. It was a close fit, and a couple things weren't in there. However, this was without too much thought of how I'd pack things in outside of a few compression bags. Some of the things I packed were placeholders for some clothes that I've yet to receive. Each of those items should be lighter than their substitutes. This weekend, after I partition out some of my supplies, I'll be able to do a bit more accurate packing to see if I can get the hang of this.

No comments :

Post a Comment