Friday, February 27, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: The Packing, Part Two

Here's a terrible picture of my pack sitting in a chair. It's a victory that there isn't anything hanging off of it. Well, besides the 75 straps.


Date: February 27, 2015
Current Week: 02/25/15 - 03/03/15
Days until Amicalola: 26
Pounds to next weight goal: 8.4 (+2.2)
Total gain Last Week: 1.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 30
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 154
Minutes Exercised, Week: 45
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

Someday I'm going to learn that just because I exercise a fair amount and cut of my eating at around 8:00 doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want. Or at least someday (in about, say, 26 days or so,) I'll be exercising so much that the amount I eat can be effectively unlimited. Unfortunately, yesterday was neither of those things. My goal is to be down five of the seven days, so I'll have to buck the trend with my weekend and be down two of the days.



A bit more interesting to talk about is the second attempt at packing my pack. I cut a couple items that I figure I won't need, and moved around some of the items and was able to get it packed a bit better. I also figured out how to adjust the torso length of my pack, which added a couple inches. It now fits less awkward than it did before. My pack weighed in at about 34 pounds when I weighed it last night, although my water bottles were not full at the time, and a couple things that will be in the pack were not in there. On the other hand, some things I'll be wearing were also in there, and some other things were heavier than the actual items that will be replacing them are. I'm happy with that weight, and can go a few pounds heavier if necessary.

No comments :

Post a Comment