Sunday, January 25, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Walking through Chicago

This Appalachian Trail marker is from a sidewalk in Hot Springs, NC. This is one of several places along the trail where it goes directly through a town.
Date: January 25, 2015
Current Week: 01/21/15 - 01/27/15
Days until Amicalola: 59
Pounds to next weight goal: 11.0 (0.0)
Total Loss Last Week: 0.8
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 83
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 179
Minutes Exercised, Week: 160
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

Although I didn't do any hiking yesterday, I did get two nice walks in walking from Union Station in downtown Chicago to the AMC River East 21 and back. It's the polar opposite of where we'll be hiking come March, although the tall buildings do occasionally look like mountains made of glass and steel, instead of granite and trees. This was good enough to cancel out a day full of crappy eating, leaving me this morning where I was on Saturday morning.



To make sure I take this to the next level, I'm bringing back tracking my eating on MyFitnessPal.com. This will help me cut things off at a calorie level that will ensure consistent progress, as long as I keep tracking things. That way, I can cut things off with a spartan meal in the evening, instead of just playing it by ear and rationalizing my way into something that makes me regret it the next morning. The simple fact is that I've got to do better.



No comments :

Post a Comment