Monday, January 5, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: 82 Days To Go!

Date: January 5, 2015
Current Week: 01/05/15 - 01/13/15
Days until Amicalola: 82
Pounds to next weight goal: 16.2
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 0
Minutes Exercised, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 0

So it's 2015, the year of the Appalachian Trail hike. As such, it's time to dig in and focus on getting ready for the "Big Walk". As you few readers are well aware, my AT Hiking Training Plan posts tailed off after we did our shakedown hike last November. Part of this was a busy work schedule, but part of it was a lack of progress. Work, weather, and the holidays conspired to limit my ability to do much besides some walking at Forest Glen and in the parking garage at work.



The good news for this holiday season was that I managed to not get pneumonia, something for which I am very grateful. The bad news is that I made up for a missed holiday of candy, cookies, and delicious Christmas food this year. The result was a frustrating mess at the end of December. It's going to be a tough road to my goal weights from here on out, and I don't have any cushion left.

Since we're within three months of the stepping off, I decided to reboot this training journal as a daily thing. These posts won't be too exciting, but they will keep you up to date with how things are going. There probably won't be too many big hiking adventures until March, but I do intend to get out and hike through snow, mud, or just frozen ground (probably not ice). Mostly this will be a post about my efforts to exercise and eat well during busy work weeks.

As you can see, the usual stats at the top of the page are a bit different. I'm not keeping track of my total weight amount lost (it won't be gained), but will keep track of my progress towards goals. It's highly unlikely I'll be camping before we start our hike (unless we luck into an unseasonably warm weekend), so those stats won't be tracked anymore. Finally, since this is a daily progress log, I'll be keeping track of time spent on exercise. Otherwise, very little would be happening on a day to day basis.

Here's to a very successful New Year!



No comments :

Post a Comment