Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola, January 6, 2015

Each day will have a picture from hikes and adventures past and present. Today is a frozen Lake Michigan, taken by Amy last March. 


Date: January 6, 2015
Current Week: 01/05/15 - 01/13/15
Days until Amicalola: 81
Pounds to next weight goal: 14.8
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 0
Minutes Exercised, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 0

Yesterday was not a good day for exercise. I didn't have a chance in the morning because I was up before 5:00 to drive back from my holiday break downstate. The evening was spent at the movies. In between, the customary time I spend taking walks at work did not happen, because it is cold outside. Technically, I did get some exercise by walking down six flights of stairs to lunch, and did walk ~10 minutes to and from dinner.



On the plus side, I did lose a bit of weight. This wasn't from eating, although I didn't eat anything after around 8:00, so that certainly helped. I'm guessing weighing in after a very short night, versus a full night of sleep, might have played the biggest role in this.

Looking at the long term forecast, my exercise strategy for the time being will be to hit up the fitness center at my apartment complex, and figuring out ways to get exercise in my apartment. There's also the cavernous Woodfield Mall to walk in, if all else fails. Hopefully things won't be as bad as last winter, but even if they are, I do have options.

No comments :

Post a Comment