Thursday, January 22, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Standing Still on Shaky Ground

Lighthouse at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. I figured a picture taken while on a beach would go with the "shaky ground" theme of this post.

Date: January 21, 2015
Current Week: 01/21/15 - 01/27/15
Days until Amicalola: 62
Pounds to next weight goal: 9.8 (0.0)
Total Loss Last Week: 0.8
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 30
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 179
Minutes Exercised, Week: 30
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

Let's start with the positive. I didn't go up between yesterday morning and today, so that's not bad. I also bumped my exercise total up to 30 minutes, including a ten minute walk carrying my laptop in its bag and a full 32oz water bottle. It was a tenuous step towards exercise with additional weight carried by me. Continuing to ramp this up will help train my body for carrying a pack. I've yet to actually strap the pack on during exercise, but that will be coming at some point soon (no later than 62 days, I'd imagine).



On the negative side of the balance sheet is the fact that I didn't go down. Granted, it's more important to look at progress over a week or longer, but being a bit behind schedule already I can't afford too many days of no change, or even minute weight loss. Still, not gaining anything at least means I don't have to catch up at this point just to make this three "weeks" straight of improvement.

No comments :

Post a Comment