Monday, January 12, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Holding the Line on the Weekend

View of the bridge in front of Amicalola Falls. This is part of the approach trail to Springer Mountain.


Date: January 12, 2015
Current Week: 01/05/15 - 01/13/15
Days until Amicalola: 75
Pounds to next weight goal: 10.2 (0.0)
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 0
Minutes Exercised, Week: 90
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 0

The sun's slowly rising earlier, and staying up later, but the weather's still cold. Meanwhile, I stayed in one place yesterday*, neither gaining nor losing weight. Provided I don't completely blow today and tomorrow, I'll finish this extended week down from the starting point of last Monday. As it is, a net decrease for Friday-Sunday is an encouraging sign for me, especially considering it included a late night of work on Friday and a day of work Saturday.



I didn't formally exercise on Sunday, breaking a streak of seven days. I've already walked over 20 minutes today, so a new streak is started. Looking at the weather, a warming trend may be on its way, so I'm hoping this weekend to get out and do a little bit of hiking. Unfortunately, it won't be the best scenario for winter hiking (cold enough for frozen ground after a long warm spell that melted ice and snow). I expect mud, and a few icy patches.

*Only in a weight loss sense. I actually left the apartment to watch a movie. When I left, it was a balming 32 degrees out, a far cry better than it was at other times in the week. When I came out of the movie, the temperature was not much worse, but it was snowing. It's now 15 degrees out. Winter in Northern Illinois: Catch the Fever!

No comments :

Post a Comment