Thursday, January 29, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Keep on Truckin'

I believe this is on the Appalachian Trail looking NOBO not too far away from Newfound Gap in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If it isn't, it's doing a pretty good impression of the trail there.


Date: January 29, 2015
Current Week: 01/28/15 - 02/4/15
Days until Amicalola: 55
Pounds to next weight goal: 6.4 (-1.2)
Total Loss Last Week: 2.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 41
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 250
Minutes Exercised, Week: 41
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

Three days of keeping track of what I eat*, and three days of the scale going the right direction. You know, I make this same realization every three months or so. You'd think I would have caught on by now, right?



In other good news, I pushed my daily exercise total up above 40 minutes. If I do that again today** it will be two straight days at or above 40 minutes, and four days this week at or above 30. Walking up the ramps in the parking garage don't take as much out of me as they did about three weeks ago. I'm also averaging a better pace overall, a fact that isn't always backed up by my tracking app's GPS.

* Technically I'm only keeping track of what I eat for breakfast, lunch, and snacks before dinner. Eventually I may start recording my dinnertime calories as well, but the primary purpose of recording those calories is giving me a general idea of what I can eat for dinner. It reminds me to not go all out, especially when I did so already at lunch.

**SPOILER ALERT: I already hit 40 minutes in walking today.

No comments :

Post a Comment