Friday, January 30, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Keeping the Streak Alive

This is along the Appalachian Trail near Roan Mountain. Contrary to the appearance these are not alpine meadows. The balds are maintained by using various methods, including cattle and goats. The only parts of the Appalachian Trail above the tree line are in New Hampshire and Maine.


Date: January 30, 2015
Current Week: 01/28/15 - 02/4/15
Days until Amicalola: 54
Pounds to next weight goal: 5.0 (-1.4)
Total Loss Last Week: 2.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 40
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 250
Minutes Exercised, Week: 81
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

This workweek began with disappointment, but its ended much better. Four straight days I've mostly stuck to my plan, and the results have shown the wisdom of that. I've still got some work to do, particularly adding a wider variety of fruits and vegetables to my meals, and cutting back on the greasy, salty lunches. However, I've made great strides in exercise and calorie management.

However, this weekend offers a big challenge for me. It's Super Bowl weekend, which means Sunday will be Super Calorie Sunday.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to at least hold my ground this weekend, so I can continue the progress next Monday and Tuesday. I brought my scale with me on my trip downstate, so I can keep better track of the situation over the weekend. 

No comments :

Post a Comment