Monday, January 26, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Cooking the Books

This picture has nothing to do with this post or with the Appalachian Trail. Eh, I guess one those hedgehogs kind of look like me on the scale this morning.


Date: January 26, 2015
Current Week: 01/21/15 - 01/27/15
Days until Amicalola: 58
Pounds to next weight goal: 13.2 +2.2
Total Loss Last Week: 0.8
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 20
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 179
Minutes Exercised, Week: 180
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

So that seems to be going the wrong way, isn't it? At first, I have to admit I was perplexed by this result, but then I remembered that I had really splurged for lunch, going three courses at one of my favorite casual restaurants. It's quite possible that I went over my calorie limit on that one meal, and followed it up with a less ostentatious, but still calorie heavy dinner later in the evening. That, coupled with a relatively small amount of exercise, certainly didn't help my day. Had I been tracking what I ate, I probably could have avoided this mess.



Fortunately, today marked my first day back keeping track of my exercise and nutrition with MyFitnessPal.com. It doesn't mean I'll be changing all my ways overnight, that's quite unrealistic. But it does mean that I will have to pick and choose when I get my grease, salt, and/or sugar. I can't say if I'll make that ground up tomorrow or Wednesday morning, but hopefully this will get me back on track, and put this mucky week behind me.

No comments :

Post a Comment