Saturday, January 17, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Springer Saturday #2

Springer Saturday #2 is a sign pointing the way towards Springer Mountain. For SOBO hikers not hiking to Amicalola, it's 0.9 miles up, then 0.9 back down to the trailhead parking lot.

Date: January 17, 2015
Current Week: 01/14/15 - 01/20/15
Days until Amicalola: 67
Pounds to next weight goal: 11.4 (0.0)
Total Loss Last Week: 5.6
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 20
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 140
Minutes Exercised, Week: 75
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 0

Writing this entry at 10:30 at night reveals the weird nature of this journal. Even though I spent much of this morning hiking at Starved Rock, this actually can't be counted until tomorrow's journal. Even considering that, the short yet important hike will also have its own post. So I suppose you'll have to wait until tomorrow (or Monday) for the details on that hike. The short version is that there are two big things to see at Starved Rock in the winter: icefalls and bald eagles. I saw both in my quick side trip to Illinois' most popular state park on they way to Central Illinois.



Tomorrow and Monday's journal entries won't have a posted weight change, because I left my scale at home. It's kind of pain to move around, and really wasn't worth the trouble for a weekend trip. I'll still be logging hiking miles and exercise times.

On the weight front, I didn't go up, which is good, but I didn't go down, which is bad. Had I slept a full night, instead of getting up early to head out to Starved Rock before the crowds got too bad, I possibly would have had a small loss to record. Oh well, it was worth it for the hike.

No comments :

Post a Comment