Saturday, January 31, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Springer Saturday #4

The Springer Mountain Shelter. All along the trail these are placed roughly 8-15 miles apart (i.e. a day's hike) and can be used in lieu of a tent. 

Date: January 31, 2015
Current Week: 01/28/15 - 02/4/15
Days until Amicalola: 53
Pounds to next weight goal: 9.2 (+4.2)
Total Loss Last Week: 2.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 30
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 250
Minutes Exercised, Week: 111
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 1.5
Miles Hiked, 2015: 1.5

One problem with keeping a daily journal is that can feel like a roller coaster. Today's weight recording is a good example of this problem. I'm a bit perplexed at the result's considerable reversal. It's not that I wasn't anticipating a bit of a reverse. I did have a bigger dinner after a typically big lunch yesterday, and I did break my 8:00 PM rule for a small late night snack. However, this shouldn't have resulted in that much of an increase.



Of course, it's possible it was just an odd reading, as I was recording my weight in a different place than the normal week. There's always other factors that can influence a daily reading. Anyway, as long as this isn't the start of a trend, a weird blip now and then is nothing to get worried about.

I opened my microspikes today and put them on to make sure they will fit. They did, which considering they are supposed to fit hiking shoes up to size 16, I was pretty confident they would. Although I hiked today (more on that tomorrow), there wasn't snow and ice* to test them out with, so I could really just put them on and take them right back off. I'm sure I'll get a chance to use them sometime before the hike.

No comments :

Post a Comment