Friday, January 9, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: January 9, 2015

This is not on the Appalachian Trail, but it's a cool picture with snow in it. From Sequoia National Park.


Date: January 9, 2015
Current Week: 01/05/15 - 01/13/15
Days until Amicalola: 78
Pounds to next weight goal: 12.0
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 30
Minutes Exercised, Week: 60
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0
Miles Hiked, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, 2015: 0

My weight was unchanged this morning from yesterday, which marked the first time in three mornings that it didn't go down. However, this isn't too troublesome, as day to day fluctuations are bound to happen. As long as I end this period down from the first weigh in, I will consider it an incremental step towards where I am going.



On the exercise front, I once again increased my total time, reaching thirty minutes. I accomplished this by braving the cold and wind to accomplish two walks in the office parking garage. As long as I keep the walks to a minimum time of around 10-15 minutes and bundle up adequately, it's not really too bad, as long as the garage isn't slick.

With tomorrow, the countdown will enter it's first weekend. As you may know from following previous Hiking Training Plan iterations, weekends can be particularly challenging for keeping up the pace, particularly when conditions or circumstances aren't conducive for hiking. I'm not expecting a great result, but I am hoping to keep from erasing the gains I've made this week so far.

No comments :

Post a Comment