Saturday, March 14, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Springer Saturday #10

This nondescript gravel road (not pictured: gravel) is USFS 42. This is the primary road to reach Springer Mountain trailhead, and the first road crossing of the NOBO Appalachian Trail. This was quite rough when my parents and I went up to Springer, but when Erin and I visited a couple years ago they had regraded and graveled the road, and it was in OK condition. I bet it's a lot closer to this picture right now.

Date: March 14, 2015
Current Week: 03/11/15 - 03/17/15
Days until Amicalola: 11
Pounds to next weight goal: 2.4 (-3.8)
Total gained Last Week: 1.6
Total Lost Entire Period: 13.8
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 15
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 181
Minutes Exercised, Week: 95
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

After two less than stellar days, I was able to rein things in on Friday, and look to be back on track. Just in time for a weekend with some friends from high school to send it heading back the other way. Oh well, I suppose this is a cushion for tonight.



A week from today I'll be moving everything that I'm keeping from my apartment into storage, and heading to Ridge Farm for a short two night stay before the trip south to Amicalola. My storage area is rather small, and I'm going to have to make some tough cuts. I've already gotten rid of a fair amount of things, but there's still a lot of culling left to go.

No comments :

Post a Comment