Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday

This white blaze was on a rock wall near the Fontana Dam and Visitors Center, which is the entry point into Great Smoky Mountains National Park for the Appalachian Trail. While the vast majority of blazes can be found on tree trunks, there are plenty of more creative places they hide as well, including a lot of rocks that make you think "The trail goes THERE?!?" Photograph by Erin.


Date: March 10, 2015
Current Week: 03/04/15 - 03/10/15
Days until Amicalola: 15
Pounds to next weight goal: 5.6 (+0.8)
Total lost Last Week: 3.2
Total Lost Entire Period: 10.6
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 25
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 165
Minutes Exercised, Week: 146
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

Monday turned out to be a pretty "meh" day, which is what I expected. I kind of splurged at lunch and a bit at dinner, which resulted in going up a bit. It was less than one pound, and I'm hoping for a better result tomorrow.



I've continued my packing, getting some more things cleared out. There's still a long way to go, but boxes and bags of trash are starting to pile up. Of course, I still have some of the harder things to deal with left on the plate.

I swapped out the hip belt straps from my old pack to go on my new pack, so I should be ready to go with that now. I bought a new pack because I felt I would benefit from a slightly longer torso length, but the new pack didn't have quite as long as a hip belt as the old one. It won't take me long to fit into the new pack's current strap, but it is essential that the hip belt be secure for proper weight distribution. Fortunately, the straps were easily replaceable, and were also the same width, so that was an easy fix.

No comments :

Post a Comment