Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: A Dream of Spring

This is looking NOBO along the Appalachian Trail no more than a quarter mile from Newfound Gap. The trail goes up through the middle of that boulder, as there are some "stairs" carved into it. Rocks like this can give me a bit of trouble going down hill, although this one isn't that bad at all going up (which is what we'll be doing on our through hike).


Date: March 3, 2015
Current Week: 02/25/15 - 03/03/15
Days until Amicalola: 22
Pounds to next weight goal: 3.6 (-1.8)
Total gain Last Week: 1.2
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 20
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 154
Minutes Exercised, Week: 150
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

With the result of this morning, I know stand at three days up and three days down. While I won't hit my goal of 5 days down and 2 up, I can still get a majority down week with a good result tomorrow. And beyond the daily counts, the three days I have been down on the whole have been better than the three days I was up. Unless I completely mess up today, I should still be down for the week.



This week I'm planning on working on getting my clothes and food down to a more manageable weight. At some point I should have all the clothing I need for the hike, which means I can dump the placeholders that are most likely heavier than the actual items. I'm also looking at dumping some of the initial food weight, as the snacks I can replace at Neels Gap.

No comments :

Post a Comment