Thursday, March 19, 2015

Countdown to Amicalola: Seventh Heaven

A week from now I'll be able to take a picture of the first blaze, and this marker right next to it. From the reports I've read, we'll probably have to wait in line.


Date: March 18, 2015
Current Week: 03/18/15 - 03/24/15
Days until Amicalola: 7
Pounds to next weight goal: 5.4 (-1.0)
Total gained Last Week: 0.2
Total Lost Entire Period: 10.8
Weight Goals Met: 0
Minutes Exercised, Yesterday: 30
Minutes Exercised, Last Week: 195
Minutes Exercised, Week: 0
Miles Hiked, Yesterday: 0.00
Miles Hiked, 2015: 3.76

Tuesday ended up being about as good of a day as Monday, almost erasing the less than stellar results from earlier in the week. The fact is that I'm enjoying some farewell events (and some events that aren't necessarily related to beginning the hike), and that just isn't conducive to great results on a day to day basis. I can't say I'm too optimistic about this final week, especially considering how it started (More on that tomorrow, but suffice it to say German beer was involved).



Even considering some of the setbacks these past couple weeks, I have still made some strides as far as exercise is concerned. I improved upon last week's total, which was an improvement over the week before. I'm noticing that going up stairs and inclines has been easier recently, which will be helpful. Considering the sedentary nature of winter and working in an office, I know it could have been a lot worse.

One week from now, I'll be asleep (hopefully) in either a tent or a crowded shelter. Hard to believe that it's that close, but it is. Even harder to believe is the fact that I'll be pulling off a move out of my apartment and traveling down to Georgia in a span of less than 100 hours. In retrospect, I think this may have been far too aggressive. Yet somehow I'll manage to pull it off.

No comments :

Post a Comment