Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back on the (Blogging) Trail again

Au Sable Lighthouse, from the beach along Lake Superior. Not Pictured: The sandy hell that was the walk down.


If you look at the previous post before this one, there hasn't been much activity here at Red Faces, White Blazes. A lot of that was because real life had intervened, as I took a new job and moved. Because of this, as well as a rather stubborn winter up here in the north, I didn't get a good start on hiking until this summer. Thus, I really didn't have much to write about, so I didn't write.

I am happy to say that this won't be the case for much longer. Since last month, I've had a chance to hike several places in the upper Midwest (MI, MN, WI, IA, and Northern IL), including Pictured Rocks. I've also started a concerted plan to get myself into hiking shape, so I can actually enjoy hiking long distances. I will be sharing my thoughts on these hikes, as well as keep you updated with my plan's progress.

In addition, you'll be seeing more of Erin around here. Of course, her posts are an even rarer occurrence than mine, but she has a lot of thoughts on nature, ecology, and hiking to share with us, and I can't wait to read what she writes.

Please check back often!

No comments :

Post a Comment