Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hiking Training Plan 3.0, Week Two

Week: January 24-30
Miles Hiked (Week): 0
Miles Hiked (January): 0
Miles Hiked, (January Goal): 0
Miles Hiked (Yearly Total): 0
Pounds Lost (Week): 1.4
Pounds Lost (Total):  4.6
Weekly Goal Met: No
Nights Camped (Week): 0
Nights Camped (Total): 0
Nights Camped (Backpacking): 0

It was a second week of declining weight, although not as good as the previous week. This was due in part to a minor bout of coughing, sneezing, and a runny nose, which was enough to put me out of work one day and left me feeling lazy. In addition, the below zero temperatures on Monday and Tuesday kept me holed up in my apartment, so I wasn't able to get out to Woodfield Mall (or anywhere else) to get my walking in. I suppose I could have walked for 10-12 minutes through my small apartment, but my downstairs neighbors would not have appreciated it.

I controlled my portions on most meals, and stayed away from excessive snacking. This played a big part in it still being a successful week. The good thing about being in as bad of shape as I am is that minor changes like this will have significant positive effects. Considering some of the poor food choices I made, that's a good thing, albeit one that won't last.

Beyond that, there isn't much else to report. Once again another week without hiking, but the clock continues to tick down until that will change. Super Bowl Sunday certainly won't help this week, but I'm still confident I can do OK this week. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments :

Post a Comment