Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hiking Training Plan: Week 7 Recap

Week: July 29 - August 4
Miles Hiked (Week): 1.00
Miles Hiked (Month): 1.00
Miles Hiked, (Month Goal): 15
Miles Hiked (Yearly Total): 26.05
Pounds Lost (Week): 2.2
Pounds Lost (Total): 17.6

Well, this week was certainly a mixed bag. I did fairly well in regards to hitting my calorie goals, but not so much with the weekend hiking. In fact, only two trips around the Volo Bog Nature Trail and Boardwalk kept this weekend from being another shutout. I guess they can't all be like last weekend.

Although this was always going to be a down weekend, I had no intention for it to be this devoid of hiking. Most of this was caused by me tweaking my back while getting ready for work Wednesday morning. It is feeling considerably better now, but it kept me from doing too much walking until the weekend. I have slowly started working my way back up, but I don't think I'll be pulling off 40 mile hikes any time soon.

I'm hoping to add to that hiking total this weekend, as I go down to Missouri to visit Erin and camp out in Mark Twain National Forest. Here's hoping I can keep up the momentum, and that my body continues to cooperate.

No comments :

Post a Comment